Plan for the Day.
Why it makes sense to make choices about your future funeral now.
Most of us want to plan ahead but when it comes to end of life planning, many have a difficult time starting the funeral pre planning process.
We're here to help. In this section, you can learn why it's important, how it works, and exactly what's involved in pre-need funeral planning. Call us at (951) 658-3161 with any questions you may have.
Why People Choose to Plan Ahead
We've had the privilege of assisting many families with their funeral pre planning services in Hemet. During the time we've spent with them, we've learned more about the reasons behind their decision to take the funeral pre planning services seriously.
What We've Heard Over the Years:
- Pre planning services for my funeral was my way of showing my family just how much I love them.
- In pre-paying for my funeral arrangements, I've lessened the financial burden on those people I leave behind.
- I'm very independent and have always made all my own decisions.
- Some say I like to be in control of everything and they're right!
- This way my family knows exactly what I want. No one has to get angry or fight, and no one has to feel guilty about making the wrong decision. When I'm gone, they will know what I want.
- I remember when my mother died. None of us kids knew what to do and absolutely none of us knew what she wanted. No one bothered to ask! I'm just not going to wait for my kids to ask me what I want. I'm going to tell them.
- I guess it's because I want things done my way. I want to provide my funeral pre-arrangements to our local funeral home to make sure I get what I want.
These are just a few of the comments we've heard during funeral pre planning services. Chances are pretty good that some of these statements are true for you as well.
Let Us Help
If you're ready to begin funeral pre planning, the first can be taken in the privacy of your own home by using our online funeral pre-planning tool, pre-arrange online. Or, if you'd rather have guidance from one of our funeral pre planning specialists, call us at (951) 658-3161
Funeral Pre Planning Services Checklist
We've put together this funeral pre-planning checklist to help you.
Taking Care of Finances and Property
- Create a contact list of everyone who should be notified in a medical emergency or death including the name of your funeral home.
- Give your executor(s) a copy of your will and the contact list.
- Give your executor(s) a list of bank and investment accounts, creditors, mortgage or lien information, insurance policies, retirement plans, safe deposit boxes, real and personal properties of value and all related telephone numbers.
- If you are receiving benefits from Social Security or the Veterans' Administration, your executor needs that information to suspend benefit payments.
- Select someone you trust to deal with your online accounts: email, online memberships, and social media. Include all relevant information and whether or not they should delete, close, or keep any of the accounts.
Taking Care of Funeral-Related Details
We suggest the following:
- Make note of all the details you want mentioned in your obituary. You could even take this one step further and write your own obituary.
- State, in writing, your preferences for burial or cremation.
- If burial is preferred, provide the details of the cemetery arrangements. If you have not purchased a burial plot, this is the time to do so.
- If you have chosen burial, what type of casket would you like? Should it be made of wood, metal, or composite materials?
- If you choose cremation, what do you want done with the ashes?
- Would you like a traditional funeral, memorial service, or celebration-of-life?
- If you'd like a celebration of life, what location would you suggest for this event?
- What special activities would you prefer at a celebration of life?
- What music or special readings would you prefer?
- What type and colors of flowers would you prefer?
- Would you like to select a charitable organization to receive donations in your name?
- If you're a veteran, would you like to receive full military honors as part of your service? Would you like to be buried in the grounds of a veterans' cemetery?
Taking Care of Your Pets
If you share your life with animal companions, you should think about who you would like to take care of your pets. Consult with the person to see if this is something they are interested in doing for you and then write down your intentions and include all contact information. This should be signed and witnessed, and then given to your executor.
Final Tasks in Funeral Pre-Planning
In addition to your will, the contact list, and the list of all your online account login details and related documents should be provided to your executor.
Finally, you may want to consider paying ahead of time for your funeral choices. Speak to us about how your pre-payment monies will be handled.
Before You Leave
You will have the peace-of-mind knowing all the details are written down and there can be no mistaking your wishes. If you need help with pre planning services in Hemet - we're here for you. Call us today at (951) 658-3161.
Start Planning Now
To start the pre-planning process, you can fill out our pre-planning form. Or feel free to reach us by phone any time, and one of our consultants will help guide you through every option.